1. Home
  2. Chevron Forward
  3. English Course Prices
  4. Chevron Forward
  5. Financing

Funding for English courses

If you want to learn English, there are a number of ways in which you can receive help to finance your course.

This may be through an agreement with your employer, a private grant or assistance from the cantonal authorities.

Our language advisors will be happy to guide you through these possibilities.

Here are some of the most common financing options:

Chèque annuel de formation (Canton of Geneva only)

The Chèque Annuel de Formation (CAF) is a grant from the State of Geneva worth CHF 500 which can be used to finance your English language training.

For more information on the CAF, who can benefit from it and how to apply, please click here or contact us.


If you are a temporary worker in Switzerland and you are looking to develop your professional future, you may be eligible for reimbursement for your English course.

To find out if you are eligible for this subsidised further training or to find out more about how to apply, click here or contact us.

Disability Insurance

Disability insurance (DI) is offered by the cantons to anyone whose ability to work has been restricted for reasons of chronic health. DI can help people to re-enter the labour market by contributing to language courses.

For more information, please consult the documentation available from your cantonal office or contact one of our language experts.

Social assistance (Hospice)

Provided and controlled by each canton, social assistance aims to provide social and professional support to people in need.

Unemployed people with financial complications can apply for it. The courses provided by Wall Street English can be financed, totally or partially, under this option.

The conditions for this funding are subject to certain requirements set by law. These can be obtained from your social worker.

© 2023 Wall Street English, global leader in English language education.