Learn English: our language courses in Switzerland
Learning the English language is an essential step in life for anyone wishing to travel, to better understand the world around them, to boost their career or to obtain a language certification to prove their language level in order to attend a school or company abroad.
The Wall Street English method offers excellent results, thanks to infrastructures renowned for their quality and an exclusive method that gives a high priority to oral communication.
Whatever your starting level is, you will be able to make rapid progress and aim for examinations recognized in the academic or professional world, such as the TOEFL, the IELTS or the Cambridge English exams.
To better understand the advantages of Wall Street English schools, here is a presentation of the proposed method and how the different existing English courses work.
Our English courses tailored to your needs
The English courses offered at each of our schools in Switzerland are available in different ways:
- You can attend a standard English course in a group of 2 to 5 students. Here you will practice your language comprehension and speaking skills through a variety of activities, discussions and online learning materials.
- Intensive courses are also available with the Wall Street English method to make significant progress in a short period of time. Flexible timetables are available to make things easier for you.
- In order to deepen certain notions, private (or semi-private) courses are also offered. This is a good way to improve quickly and to perfect your skills in the areas of your choice. If you are unable to attend, most of the lessons can be followed online.
Depending on your objective, you will be able to choose the right teaching method. Are you looking for general lessons or more business-oriented courses? Are you looking for courses to prepare for an exam? Wall Street English, offers you the most efficient resources to help you deliver the best results.
Do you want to learn English in a fun and laid-back environment? If so, don't hesitate to contact the Wall Street English centre closest to you to start an English course adapted to your needs.
What is the best method to learn English?
The Wall Street English Method consists in reproducing the same learning techniques used for a mother tongue. It is a matter of listening carefully, before repeating and practicing. Learning the sounds comes first, then the grammar. This method has proven to be very successful, with 97% of positive results.
The courses are given in four different ways:
- Preparation for your English course: before your encounter with a teacher, you must follow online lessons and exercises through different supports (online videos, texts, newspaper articles, audio files...). These materials allow you to prepare each lesson, to improve your pronunciation, to enrich your vocabulary, to familiarise yourself with British and American accents, words and expressions, as well as with grammar rules.
- Evaluation exercises: each online lesson ends with a series of exercises which will be corrected by your teacher before your "encounter".
- General courses: these are held in small groups of 2 to 5 students maximum. The teacher encourages everyone to speak and corrects your accent.
- Workshops: these are complementary courses on specific topics or themes (current affairs, grammar, business English, etc.).
Find out more about our English language learning method
Additional tools for learning English
Wherever you are, take your English lessons with you: the Wall Street English app is available on all your iOS or Android devices. Whether you're on public transportation, traveling, or before bedtime, advance through your lessons and enhance your English skills.
The Learn English with WSE app brings together digital format courses, multimedia lessons, and Workbooks for course preparation.
Find all our vocabulary sheets, grammar resources, and news on our blog.
Why should I learn English?
English is the international language today, and it's really useful when you travel around the world. If you stay in a non-French-speaking country for a while, knowing English can help you easily communicate with more people. It's also good practice for speaking and pronunciation when you chat with locals.
Learning English is also a great advantage in your career. Having a good English level can help you in business or if you want to do an internship abroad.
And if you plan to study in an English-speaking university, you'll need to show that you can understand English.
If you're convinced and ready to learn English, you can start by testing your English level online for free to find the best learning option for you!
The Advantages of studying at Wall Street English
- A revolutionary, fast, and effective method to learn and master English in just a few months.
- Personalized courses tailored to your level.
- Access to online courses 24/7.
- Fun and interactive exercises.
- Experienced teachers.
- Small group lessons for practice and improvement.
What are the financing options for my Wall Street English training?
Wall Street English courses are eligible for various financial assistance options. You can benefit from the Annual Training Voucher (CAF), a government grant of up to CHF 500.-. If you are a temporary worker, you can also take your English courses through Temptraining.